Mosquitoes are one of the biggest trouble-causing insects that bug us and make us ill. They use their sting to bite us – by using the small tip of their mouths, they suck our blood and inject their saliva in the bloodstream, leaving an itchy skin and a fair chance of catching a serious disease.
Why Mosquito Prevention and Control is Important?
Though tiny, these flying creatures bring along a wide range of issues and diseases to the human race. Here are some of the major infections and concerns you might have because of an infected mosquito bite-
- Dengue – Dengue fever can be identified by a high fever, followed by other symptoms like muscle soreness, vomiting blood, and joint pains. Considering its lethal form, many people consider adopting effective mosquito control solutions to prevent this scary illness.
- Malaria – A life-threatening disease where parasites infect and destroy red blood cells. A cure is possible if malaria is identified in the early stages.
- Chikungunya – Infected mosquitoes cause chikungunya, a viral disease identified by fever, severe joint pains, rashes, and nausea.
- West Nile Virus (WNV) – WNV is a single-stranded RNA virus that affects both humans and animals. Generally, it has no or some flu-like symptoms, which if not paid heed to develops into a fatal neurological disease.
- Zika Virus – This mosquito-borne disease is carried by day-time active infected Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. It comes with mild symptoms like fever, red eyes, joint pain, etc. and can be managed well by care, rest, and rehydration.
- Yellow Fever – A bite from Aedes aegypti or yellow fever mosquito can lead to Dengue, Chikungunya, Mayaro, Zika fever, Yellow fever viruses, and more, making a person very, very sick.
- Mosquitoes irritate skin and often cause skin infections.
Clearly, mosquitoes are the transmitters of some serious diseases and we should find reliable ways to curb them from populating and affecting our health & peace of mind.
To help you kiss goodbye to itchy bites, redness, and deadly infections & diseases, we have compiled a small list of some of the best mosquito control systems and techniques. These are proven and highly effective solutions to make your home and neighborhood mosquito-free, just like a dream come true. Explore more and know all the best possible solutions to kill the mosquito population –
Mosquito fogging spray
One of the most used and appreciated measures to prevent mosquitoes is using mosquito fogging spray. It is as simple as a spray bottle, which has ingredients that saves us from these insects when sprayed. This measure is usually adopted for outdoors like in gardens, backyards, near pools, etc. to kill mosquitoes fast.
However, it is to be kept in mind that the mosquito fogging sprays work only when you ensure that they come from revered brands that have been proven to help the issues. You need to be aware of the fraudulent and useless ones making rounds in the market. It is always better to hire a professional mosquito control company to get the job done right.
If you find that fogging sprays not a good fit choice for your home, you can consider opting for mosquito trap indoor. These can be used to trap these trouble-causing insects and prevent them from spreading diseases. You can get one for yourself from a dependable mosquito control company Atlanta, GA, or opt for a mosquito trap DIY to improve your guard against these troubling insects.
Mosquito misting system
The mosquito misting systems are many a time also referred to as misters. These are generally and precisely always used in outdoor areas. This system is prevalent for usage mainly in the lawns, gardens, near the pool, backyards, etc. Basically, this setup of misters aims at spraying the appropriate pesticides in the form of an excellent and effective mist to kill the mosquitoes and other pesky insects around the property. However, many a time, for many people, misting systems can’t be done manually. Thus, it is suggested for them to hire a pest control or mosquito control services employed to do the needful for you.
Mosquito repellent lotions
Another way to keep yourself away from these deadly insects is to use mosquito repellent lotions. You need to apply these all over your exposed body parts and that’s all.
However, this does not go along with people who have sensitive skin types or those who are required to apply other lotions as well. Sometimes, the chemical composition of these causes eye irritation, headaches, and allergies. Thereby, it is a lesser-used method of mosquito protection.
What’s the best?
Mostly, the best being and suitability of mosquito control systems depend upon the area of usage, the intensity, and the population of mosquitoes. Even then, on normal grounds, after assessing the various pros and cons of the systems, it has often been advised to go along the mosquito traps and fogging sprays that do a great job in eliminating these irritating and infection-causing insects.
If you still are in any dilemma relating to mosquito control and protection, do not shed a worry, we are always here to assist you with it in every possible way. We are Knockout Mosquito, a leading mosquito control company in Atlanta GA, providing highly-effective mosquito control services to many clients for many years. From mosquito misting systems to mosquito traps and fogging sprays, we do it all to eliminate mosquitoes and other pests and create a healthy living environment. Connect with us if you are seeking a safe and effective way to get rid of mosquitoes – we promise you, there are no contracts or hassle involved.
For more information regarding our monthly mosquito control and protection plan, click here and take your first step towards creating a mosquito-free environment.